Tuesday 4 March 2008

A positive start for my blog....

I've been enjoying reading the blogs so thought I'd give it a go and try my own. My training is for the Hamburg Marathon on 27th April. So far training is going ok, sort of to plan as far as the plan goes. The right sort of things are happening - the long runs are getting longer and I'm doing usually 4 runs in a week, some swimming and I've joined the gym again so I can do some more stretching type stuff to 'unstiffen' me.

Today's run went well I thought, started cold this morning but the sun was shining as I arrived home which made everything seem very good. I was also very pleased that the nasty dog which threatened to beat up Oscar (my four-legged training companion) last time I ran this route was restrained by his previously negligent owner.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's run, which will be 5miles out to Charlton, involving a few hills but at a leisurely 'chatting' pace. (it's not surprising my times don't improve!). I will then aim to make use of my expensive gym membership by fitting in a few stretches afterwards, oh and possibly a sauna.

No comments: